What would I do, if I were to die tomorrow?
That's the question Steve job would ask himself, before making an important decision or when stuck between two choices.Shouldn't we too apply the same for ourselves? Who knows when it will be our time to wrap up.
Most people are lost or rather caught up in petty issues like trivial fights in a joint family or dispute over land /property amongst siblings.
Everyone is in a hurry , everyone is in a rush, blindly following the crowd or cultures/traditions that their ancestors have been following. Either running behind the future or still dwelling in the past.
So what is wrong with all this?
No one seems to be happy or satisfied. Everyone gets a new chance each morning to make a fresh start and chase their dreams.
Some even manage to reach their goals but are still unsatisfied.
Some are so blindly running behind the rat race that they ultimately stop only when life gives them a jerk.
Suddenly there is a death in the family and everyone slows down. Shocked and saddened gradually somehow they cope and move on to be a part of the vicious cycle.
The intriguing part about life is that you don't know when your expiry is due.
Its high time we prioritize what we give attention or energy to.
- What do we need to do, to make the most of the time that we have left with?
- How do we make our lives more meaningful?
- How do we make an impact?
- How do we touch the lives of others?
- How do we contribute?
- Where do we come from? What happens after death?
- What is our purpose in life?
- What do we need to achieve to feel satisfied?
These are the questions that should be bothering us rather than
- What will the society say?
- Will get that promotion?
- When can I afford a car?
- Why did he/she hurt me? etc.
After 3 decades of my lives I have started to feel, I know nothing about life.
Before I teach my toddler important lessons of life, I need to unlearn most of the concepts of life that I have been programmed with. I need to be sure and confident that , what I pass on is authentic.
So many things are yet to be explored.
Need to re prioritize things and act accordingly (the most important and difficult task)
The search needs to start from within, all the the answers lie in there.
After all what the movie "Matrix" conveyed was not all fictional.
We all are trapped and only we can help ourselves to break-free.








Very well written. It has deep meaning. Makes us stop and think where we are heading to in this maddening crowd. Keep up the good work and share it with us.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for the encouraging words. Glad you liked it.
ReplyDeleteYes Alpana,
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately this is the reality of life /world /society.
Everyone is chasing/doing things to/for just temporary and lucrative kind of satisfaction or achievements only and getting disturbed/depressed/stressed by worrying/thinking about what the society/senior/parents/spouse/co-workers/friends will think/react on/about me rather then doing things/act for their food for own soul.
Everyone is stressed/worried about future only...by thinking like *kal kya hoga*..but they are ignoring like k kal humesha Aaj k swaroop mai he aati hai..
So in short...agar humne agar humare aaj ko achchhe se jee liya ..the way which gives us happiness or desired satisfaction then samajh lijiye k humara kal bhi achchha ho gaya..( because our today was tomorrow of our yesterday )
Well said !!
Delete